In addition, we also use analytical cookies to understand your usage on the website, in order to improve the performance, functionalities and usability of our website. These cookies are only used if you agree with our policy.
By means of this cookie statement, we want to inform you about which cookies are used on our website, why we use them and how you can remove or disable cookies.
1. What is a cookie?
2. Types of cookies
There are different types of cookies. Cookies can be divided according to their origin, their function and their life span.
First-party cookies are technical cookies that make sure our website functions properly. This increases the quality of our services.
Third-party cookies are cookies that are placed by a domain name other than that of our website. If a user visits a website and a third party places a cookie through that website, this is a third-party cookie. For cookies placed by third parties, we refer you to the statements these parties provide on their respective websites. Please note that we cannot exert any influence on the content of those statements or on the content of the cookies of these third parties.
The first and third-party cookies we can further subdivide into inter alia:
Indispensable or strictly necessary cookies are (as their name implies) necessary to use a website, provide certain functions requested by you and provide secure identity verification;
- Functional cookies are cookies that make sure the website functions properly. They keep track of information about your choices and preferences on our website (e.g. cookies for remembering login or registration, your language preference, products in your shopping cart). Functional cookies are logically first party cookies.
- Non-functional cookies are cookies that can be placed for statistical, social, targeting and commercial purposes. They have nothing to do with the mere technical support of the website. Non-functional cookies can be first-party or third-party cookies.
- Cookies with statistical purposes allow us to track, among other things, which pages of the website you visit, where your computer is located, etc. (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar).
- Cookies with social purposes allow the user to share the content of the visited website directly with others via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube).
- Cookies with targeting purposes allow to build a profile based on your surfing behavior so that the displayed ads are tailored to your interests (Facebook).
- Cookies with commercial purposes keep track of how many and which ads were shown to a user (Google Adwords and Bing ads).
Cookies can also be divided according to their lifespan:
- Permanent cookies: These cookies remain on the user’s device for the duration specified in the cookie. They are activated each time the user visits the website that placed that cookie (e.g., cookies placed by social media such as Facebook, Google Analytics, etc.). Most non-functional cookies are persistent cookies.
- Session cookies: These cookies allow us to simplify and link a user’s actions during a browser session. A browser session begins when a user opens the browser window and ends when they close the browser window. Session cookies are placed temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted. Most functional cookies are session cookies.
Our website uses functional cookies to distinguish, among other things, your user preferences from those of other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a better user experience when you visit our website and also allows us to optimize our website.
In addition, we also use certain analytical cookies, if you have given your consent via the cookie banner. You can withdraw this consent at any time by deleting the cookies stored in your browser (see below).
When you use the website, the following analytical cookies are used:
|Google Analytics||Keeps track of which pages the user visits and how long the user stays on the website.||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
The cookies we use do not allow us to systematically collect data that could identify the users of our website. They only help us to ensure and improve the functioning of our website.
However, the following data, which qualify as personal data, may be processed by these cookies at the first moment of collection:
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, the date and time of your visit to our website, the Internet address of the website from which you opened the link to our website);
- Other information you choose to send us (e.g., when you ask us for information).
Please read our privacy statement to learn how we process personal data, how we safeguard it, how long we keep it for and what privacy rights you have. Please note that when personal data processed through cookies are made anonymous, these privacy rights no longer apply. They only apply when we process personal data.
For the sake of completeness, we note that our website also uses some social media tools (such as share buttons) that allow visitors to communicate and share content with e.g. LinkedIn, as well as certain applications that allow us to add additional functionalities to our website.
4. Accept cookies
At your first visit to our website a cookie banner will appear. Through this cookie banner we inform you about the cookies we use and ask you if we may use analytical cookies. You are free to agree to this or not.
5. Managing cookies (delete or disable)
How long a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most cookies we use persist and expire after 8 days from the date they were downloaded to your device. See below on how to manage cookies for more information on deleting them before they expire.
If you do not want websites to place cookies on your computer or you want to delete your cookies, you can change your cookie settings in your web browser.
These settings can usually be found in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your web browser. You can also change your settings so that your browser refuses all cookies or only third-party cookies.
To better understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. If not, you should consult the ‘Help’ function in your web browser for more details.
Useful information about cookies can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
6. Do you have questions?
Then you can always contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
We can change this cookie statement from time to time, complete or supplement without prior notice. The new version will be applicable from your next visit to our website. We invite you to always consult the latest version of this policy on our website.
Of course we always ask your permission for the use of certain cookies if necessary.
Cookie statement for BePowered